A more advanced IRRPROFI example

Greetings Experts!

I have learned much from you these past weeks, and am now trying to build more complex problems. Working from previous examples, I have built a sample file to irradiate thorium (yes, there is limited low energy neutron cross section data) and am compiling with flukadpm since I have higher beam energy. The run begins but then fails with errors, and this only displays after I refresh the view. My .out file doesn’t seem to list any errors for the run stopping either. I am perplexed. I have attached the relevant files to this post for your review. Thank you kindly for your time.

Cheers,
Rick

practice_4_Th_geometry001.log (96 Bytes)
practice_4_Th_geometry001.out (42.9 KB)
practice_4_Th_geometry.flair (4.8 KB)

Hi @rick,

at the end of the .out file you can find the problem:

  **** Low energy neutron xsec not found for some media           13          14  ****
 THORIUM 

This means that FLUKA didn’t find have/find the low neutron cross sections for natural thorium. Since if 99.98% of it thorium-232, you can use it’s cross-section by adding a LOW-MAT card.

Cheers,
David

Hello @horvathd,

Thank you! I am now able to run the file. I was not aware of this card, but will be sure not to forget it again.

Cheers,
Rick