Advance Multiple- complex Radioactive source

Dear Expert
In previous time You teach me the simulation of the Radioactive source. As follows

Now I would like to use a Multi-Radioactive source for example Co-60+Ba-133 + Am-241 + … at once. How it can be done by FLUKA
Best Regards
Fayiz

1 Like

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your question, I’ll come back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Marco

2 Likes

Hi Mohamed,

A similar question to yours was already posted on the forum (link below). I would suggest to you to take a look at it and implement it in your simulation.

If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to write me back.

Cheers,
Marco

1 Like

Dear Fayiz,

You can also try using the source routine. Please take a look at these exercises.

Regards,
Mihaela

Dear Marco Tisi
Many thanks for this help and answer. It will help me a lot in case we can treat the problem in single mode.
In my case. A complex radioactive mixed field in advanced mode is. This is my target. In my case usually we have a complex radioactive mixed materials. For example from neutron activation analysis or from natural radioactivity NORM (U-238+TH-232 + K-40) which are not separated from each others. And I would like to simulate it as it is. This needed to have the effect of each radioactive material on the others. The applications is strongly needed in the case of fission and our nuclear reaction products.
best regards
Fayez

Dear [Mihaela Parvu]
Thank you very much for the advice.
I found in the source file (source.f) a radioactive part
But I could not know how I modify it to any radioactive isotope like for example Co-60 + Ba-133. or there is another formula I have to modify or to add ?
Best Regards

Hello,

I strongly suggest using the source_newgen.f file instead of the source.f one.

For example, if you want a beam with 50-50 Co-60 and Ba-133:

double precision, save :: choose_isotope
  choose_isotope = FLRNDM (xdummy)      
  radioactive_isotope = .true.
  if (choose_isotope < 0.5) then
  heavyion_atomic_number = 27
  heavyion_mass_number = 60
  else
  heavyion_atomic_number = 56
  heavyion_mass_number = 133
  end if

The photon spectrum will look like this:

I have also attached the source file.
source_newgen.f (18.3 KB)

Have a nice day,
Mihaela

3 Likes

Hi Mihaela Parvu
Really, this is a great and complete answer . This tip will benefit me a lot in many work and it will solve my simulation problem. And it was exactly what I’m searching for. Sincere thanks and appreciation.
Best regards
Fayiz