Calculate with Biological model

Dear FLUKA experts,

There are two papers related FLUKA coupled with different biological model (LEM and MKM).

1. Mairani A, Brons S, Cerutti F, Fassò A, Ferrari A, Krämer M, Parodi K, Scholz M, Sommerer F. The FLUKA Monte Carlo code coupled with the local effect model for biological calculations in carbon ion therapy. Physics in Medicine & Biology. 2010;55(15):4273.
  2. Magro G, Dahle TJ, Molinelli S, Ciocca M, Fossati P, Ferrari A, Inaniwa T, Matsufuji N, Ytre-Hauge KS, Mairani A. The FLUKA Monte Carlo code coupled with the NIRS approach for clinical dose calculations in carbon ion therapy. Physics in Medicine & Biology. 2017;62(9):3814.

How can I use these function in FLUKA? Especially one of them mentioned that a dedicated rountine related these functions will be published in the new released FLUKA version.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Jingfang

Hi @zhaojf99
there is no need for a dedicated routine, you can enable the biological scoring with the RAD-BIOL and TPSSCORE card(s).
Unfortunately, no public data are currently available, so you have to create your own. Please look at the discussion

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried these two cards. But the results are not reasonable. Are there any errors? I posted the questions in advanced features categories. Can you help with it?

https://fluka-forum.web.cern.ch/t/question-about-results-of-rad-biol-and-tpsscore-card-s/2651

Kind regards,

Jingfang