FLUKA installation issue on Mac

Hi there, I have encountered this problem and am not sure how to proceed.
I am using macOS Big Sur 11.5.2 and have installed all the necessary prerequisites.
I have the latest MacPorts, Xcode and Gfortran 10.2.1 and have downloaded the corresponding FLUKA libraries (fluka-4-1.1.Darwin-gfor10.tar).

I can uncompress the package but when I try to install I am met with:
FLUPRO=/Users/louisdewaal flutil/lfluka -o flukahp -m fluka
$FLUPRO = /Users/louisdewaal
No valid compiler found
make: *** [flukahp] Error 1

Am I missing something?

Forgive me if I sound stupid but I thought this was the CERN version?
I downloaded it from Download latest FLUKA release | The official CERN FLUKA website and under “Binary libraries for macOS” and selected the “gfortran 10, 64 bits” option which downloads this file. I am an extreme novice here so my apologies.

Dear Louis,

sorry for my previous (deleted) post, yes, you have the correct version.

Did you follow the installation instruction at Installing FLUKA on GNU/Linux or macOS (.tgz packages) | The official CERN FLUKA website ?

Cheers,
David

Yes, I followed the instructions to the letter, hence my confusion.
Specifically since I have the corresponding version of Gfortran (10.2.1) necessary for this FLUKA package, the error message being “No valid compiler found” is the point of contention.

Dear Louis,

then I’m a bit confused as well. Our version of FLUKA doesn’t uses the FLUPRO environment variable any more. So, I’m not sure what you want to achieve with that command.

If the installation is correct then you should have the fluka and flukadpm executables in /usr/local/fluka/bin or in the directory where FLUKA is installed in your system.

Cheers,
David

What I have in the original message is the output I get when I try to install it using what is given in the installation guide.
Image related.

Dear Louis,

I see two issues:

1. You try to cd into the .tgz package directly, which is not possible. during the uncompressing of the .tgz package a new directory is created, in which you find the src directory, where you need to go.

2. Probably there is a Makefile from the other FLUKA version in your home directory creating the error you are referencing.

A post was split to a new topic: Modification needed to install FLUKA on MacOS

3 posts were split to a new topic: Compilation failed on Mac with M1 ARM processor