How to interpret .bnn.lis files

Good day, FLUKA experts.

I am trying to plot the output of my simulation using python. The simulation is of DOSE induced by photons, the scoring region has R,Phi,Z bins each of 100, so the output of the .bnn.lis file has 100000 rows each with 10 entries. I am trying to plot my result as a 1D projection of the z axis but I am struggling to find which entries in the dataset to use.

Any help much appreciated,
Kind regards
Cameron Baldwin

Dear Cameron,

please have a look at:

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

thank you very much for your response. I have attempted to reproduce the plot I have made in Flair using an external tool however I am noticing some discrepancies. I am attempting to do a energy deposition vs depth ( z-axis) so what I have done using the loop suggested is grouped all the entries with the same k value, average and then finally normalized them however I cannot understand why the plots are not the same. I noticed the “current projection integral value” is there some way I could apply this to better my result?

Many thanks,
Cameron

Dear Cameron,

for an R-Phi-Z scoring, you can’t simply average the values, because the bins have different sizes. You need to calculate the weighted average with the bin volumes.

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

Thank you very much for all of your help.

Kind regards
Cameron