How to use DCYSCORE correctly?

Dear expert
I have some questions about the calculation of nuclide activity,I hope I can get your help and answers
1)I want to know the types and activities of nuclides produced in the object within 180 seconds after 300 seconds of irradiation,how should I set DCYTIMES card?Should I set it to 0-180 or 180 directly?
or
2)What mean of “det” and “det to” parameter in DCYCORE card?I want to get the nuclide species and activities in region SHIELD ,which parameter should I select?
o’r
or
I found that the values of these three options vary greatly,I don’t know which is right
3)How can I get the energy (dose) deposited by the nuclide in region SHIELD? Should I use usrbin card with DCYCORE ?

I have only been using FLUKA for a short time,I hope to get the kind help of experts, thank you very much。

Dear @gao_han,

I would strongly recommend you to start having a look at the slides on the Activation lecture from the last Fluka course. There, you should be able to find the answers to all your questions.

thanks your PPT,I would learn the lecture

After learn the PPT, I’m still not sure about some problems. I’d like to ask you for confirmation
1)In this PPT

The mean of “index” I still feel confused,if I only want to get one region nuclide,I just need fill in “det”?
2)I want get the energy (dose) deposited by the nuclide in region SHIELD,Is this correct?

thank you for your ppt,where can I find the full text?I learn FLUKA only by the manual before。

Dear @gao_han,

As first thing, I believe you could find useful to go through the slides of the lectures of the latest Fluka course. I strongly recommend you to take a look.

As per your question about the meaning of “index”/“det”/“to det”. The options “det” and “to det” allow you to associate the same DCYSCORE card to more than one scoring. All the scoring associated with a given DCYSCORE card will give you the result for the cooling time specified in the DCYSCORE card.
Of course you can have several DCYSCORE cards, all referring to the same cooling time, one per each scoring (I strongly recommend this way to beginner). Nevertheless, you always need to explicitly state which detector each specific DCYSCORE card refers to. In the snapshot you included above, the DCYSCORE card selects a cooling time of 3600s and associate it to the scoring named “Shielding”.

Concerning instead your second question, I’m a bit puzzled. Do you want to know how much energy is deposited on an object while this is being irradiated by a beam or after the irradiation by the induced activation? Usually, this quantity is of interested during the irradiation with a beam and in these cases there is no need to associated a cooling time to such estimater.

Dear amario
I want to know after irradiating(Irradiation has been stopped),how much energy is deposited by induced radioactivity 。If I do not associate a cooling time to usrbin card,doesn’t the counting include the irradiation time? I just want to get the energy deposition of the cooling time。
And thanks for the lectures of the latest Fluka course

I’ve never tried myself, but I believe that if you associate a DCYSCORE to an energy deposition scoring, you will get the punctual energy deposition, i.e. the energy deposition at that specific time, given in the unit of time. This is not the the total energy deposited, just the punctual one. I cannot think of any way to integrate the value and get the number you want.
Also, while I don’t know the details of your study case, I fear that it is a bit of a questionable effort, as the energy deposited during the irradiation of an object will definitely be much higher.

Dear amario

Sorry,I don’t understand what is the mean of “punctual” energy deposition? Whether “specific time ”means time I define in DCYTIMES card?If yes,this is the value I want。

As indicated in the manual (Note 1), you will get the energy deposition rate in GeV / (cm^3 s) at the selected cooling time, provided that you ask for ENERGY, which is not the ALL-PART choice of your screenshot, giving instead the particle fluence rate in cm^-2 / s. If you ask for DOSE, you will get the dose rate in GeV / (g s). Note that for energy deposition scoring purposes, the USRBIN type should be X-Y-Z and not X-Y-Z point.

Dear Francesco Cerutti
Thank you for your advice,but in the literature I refer to, he calculates the dose at a certain point, so I need to use point counting for comparison。For type “X-Y-Z point”,can I choose “energy” part?

Whichever quantity you score, if it is associated to a time with a DCYSCORE card, it will the value of that quantity at that specific time and not a quantity integrated over time as you said you wanted to do, in your original post.

“X-Y-Z” and “X-Y-Z point” refer to the way a quantity is estimated in Fluka (using a track-length estimate or not) and not to whether this quantity is estimated in a specific point or over a large portion of space.

Dear amario
Thank you for your answer. I have no problem