Particles leaving the system

Dear Fluka Experts,
I have defined a beam of electrons hitting a geometry with two different incidence angles: 1 degree and 10 degrees. From the energy deposition data that I show here, I get that the energy deposition with 1 degree is lower than the energy with 10 degrees. I am trying to understand the reason for this. It should be due to the particles that leave the system. Is there a way to demonstrate that a larger number of particles are leaving the system without depositing their energy due to the incidence angle. Any other explanation for these results is more than welcome.
1 degree:

10 degrees:

Best regards,

Lovepreet

Hallo Lovepreet,

indeed the first line of your tables confirms this, since for the 1 deg case you get 13.6 MeV in the blackhole region, which represents the amount of energy escaping the system, while for the 10 deg case you have 9.5 MeV.

Thanks for your answer, Sir.
I wanted to know if there is any other way to show that a larger number of particles are escaping the system just to show why there are a larger number of particles that leave the system when the incidence angle is smaller. For instance, from which surfaces they are escaping.

Best regards,
Lovepreet

Dear Lovepreet,

the easiest way to visualize particle tracks is to use a USRBIN scoring covering the whole geometry (or the parts you are interested in) and score particle fluences.

Cheers,
David

1 Like