Problems on the run tab

Hi,

I just encountered two problems with the run tab on the beta version 3.0.b of flair.
I have installed flair through the .deb files.

1st I cannot seem to set the number of spawn runs to a higher number than what it is set (e.g. 32)
2nd If I set the spawn run to a high number (e.g. >32) and run, flair becomes sluggish and unresponsive until the processes finish.
(I do have 64 threads on my machine and the previous version was handling it fine, so its not a problem of resources.)

Thanks for the support

Kind regards

Lefteris

p.s. not sure how to attach the input and flair files, the attach button only works with pictures

Could you send me your flair file maybe by email to check

@eskordis Try the following. click on the [+] sign on the run to expand the “spawned” runs. Select all “spawned” runs and delete them. Then set again the number of desired spawned runs.
I believe that there was some incompatibility with the old flair having as default the two letter naming (_aa, _ab, _ac… limited to 676 spawned runs) instead of numbers (_01, _02, no limit)

Another option would be to change in the Preferences -> Run the field Spawn Run Name from \I_\2 to \I_\a

Normally flair should use the old V2 .flair/flair.ini file but it is preferable to remove it and create a clean one

@vasilis

the first part that you suggested actually did not work. However, I found the issue to the spawn runs with the second suggestion.

When I checked on the Preferences -> Run the default was now changed to \I_ instead of \I_\a therefore no multiple runs could be created. Instead, only one new run was made with just the input name and an _ at the end.
I changed it to \I_\2 and the problem was resolved.

The issue of the sluggish flair with multiple runs is still there for me though.

Thanks @eskordis I’ve found the problem, it was due to a timeout when checking each run for activity. This was performed several times and the more runs you had selected the more time it was waiting, making the interface sluggish.
I will post the fix tomorrow with some other small bug fixes.

@eskordis in the newly released flair v3.0-1 it is fixed the problem

Thanks @vasilis

The issue seems to be solved with the new version.