Scoring residual dose vs beam energy

Dear FLUKA experts,

I have a simple geometry that consists of a disk that encapsulate a target of different material. It is like an Oreo cookie where the cream filling is the material (which can change) and the cookie is the material surrounding the cream. This disk is irradiated for some specified irradiation time with protons at beam energy varying between 20 MeV and 200 MeV. For each material I would like to score the dose rates from decay radiation at EOB (End of Beam) for some distance from the disk (say 1m) as a function of the proton beam energy. The purpose of this exercise is to find the proton beam energy at which the maximum dose rates from decay radiation occur for a given distance from the disk. I am wondering is there is a way to do this in a single FLUKA simulation thereby requiring only one simulation for each target material. I believe this require some advanced scoring and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Here is my flair file: tgt-mb.flair (14.9 KB)

Thanks,
Mo

I’m afraid, @mbenmerrouche, that to your purposes a single simulation does not provide sensible advantages, since you would need anyway to accumulate the due statistics for every proton energy value and evaluate separately the considered observable as a function of the latter.
You can safely remove some useless cards, i.e. GLOBAL (Flair expressions are freely digested by FLUKA 4), PHYSICS/PEATHRES (PEANUT is anyway invoked at all energies, while PHYSICS/IONSPLIT should always go together with PHYSICS/COALESCE, in order to split deuterons as they interact), and LAM-BIAS (you do not ask for photonuclear reactions, which indeed are pretty negligible here).
I see that you limit dose equivalent to (decay) photons.

Thanks Francesco for the reply and suggestions on my input file. I assume to score dose equivalent from all decay radiation selecting ALL-PART in AUXSCORE is adequate instead of having photons and electrons separately then add their contributions. I am also interested in scoring the decay radiation spectrum at say one meter from the target - I added a 1m radius sphere centered around the target and a usrbdx boundary scoring associated with specific cooling time (1h in the card below).
USRBDX SPrc_1h 101 ALL-PART -50. SCR_RC SPACE 1. =5.0*MeV 0.0 500.
DCYSCORE USRBDX 1., SPrc_1h SPrc_1h 1.
Is the above card acceptable?

I assume to score dose equivalent from all decay radiation selecting ALL-PART in AUXSCORE is adequate instead of having photons and electrons separately then add their contributions.

Definitely.

Is the above card acceptable?

It looks so (albeit pasted above in a weird format).