Use of fluka estimator

ant.inp (3.0 KB)
here is an input file that I built to study the fluence of proton and photon neutrons emitted by a 10MeV antineutron beam. I wanted you to check for me if I have correctly defined my estimators because I am a beginner.

Besides that I wanted to know which Fluka estimator allows to evaluate the linear energy transfer

Dear @bakodeo,

Not knowing what exactly you want to study, it’s impossible to say whether you defined your estimators correctly.
What I can offer you is some general considerations for you then to evaluate.

-You mentioned an antineutron beam, but you always scores neutrons rather than antineutron.

-You have 4 USRBINs but the fourth one, for photons, has different dimensions from the first 3.

-None of the USRBINs radially covers the target, they are all smaller.

-The 3 USRBDXs all have a lower end for the energy of 1e-14 GeV. While neutrons are transported down to this energy, protons and photons are only transported to the energy thresholds specified by the defaults you selected and the values you put in the EMFCUT card (beware that you set the ANNH-THR, check in the manual if this corresponds to what you want to do).

-The volume in the 1st USRTRACK on the target is different from the one in the other 2 scorings.

-The volume of the USRTRACK on the target and on the void is the same (I didn’t do the math).

-The above consideration about the lower end of the energy in the USRBDX scorings, applies also to the USRTRACKs.

As for your question about the LET, I suggest you to search on the forum if some of the cases already discussed matches yours.

please in my study I want to evaluate the fluence of secondary particles produced by a primary aneutron beam in a water phantom
regarding the calculation of linear energy transfer, i went through all the threads but i found no information that can put me on the way

For what concerns the LET, you can have a look at these two threads LET spectrum using USRYIELD CARD, https://fluka-forum.web.cern.ch/t/scoring-user-usrbin-and-usrbdx/2467and references therein.

A post was split to a new topic: LET as function of depth