USERDUMP Continuous Plot Option

Dear community,

any suggestions on why does the “continuous” option of the USERDUMP produced collision file, generate a plot with photon trajectories which are transverse to the direction of motion?

Unless if it’s not plotting photon rays and the continuous option just linearly connects photon traces to each other that could justify the superfluous lines.

The BEAMPOS I have chosen has (x,y,z)=(3,0,-3230) and travels towards the +z direction.

Thanks in advance,
Nikos.

Dear @nnikolop ,

Could you send me the input file?
I would like to reproduce your result.

Thanks!
André

Dear @adonadon,

sure, I included my geometry in a .h5m file because I am using DAGMC to simulate on custom CAD defined geometry and forwarded them to you via email (due to the large size and because of the different file extensions).

Simulations can be done by following the instructions here under the ‘Running FluDAG’ section.

Thanks,
Nikos.

Hello again,

just to clarify, I am referring to the circled option in the screenshot below:

that’s how the plot I previously attached was produced.

Thanks,
Nikos.

Dear @nnikolop,

As you can observe in the manual, it intends to plot the continuous loses of the particles. Also, as the manual says, it is not implemented for the moment, thus there is actually nothing to interpret in the results that you are obtaining.

We will keep implementing all these pending features in future releases.

Best,
André

1 Like

Dear @adonadon,

thank you for your response, indeed I remember that the continuous option was under development but I was hoping to get some information for the produced photons out of this plot. Now that you pointed out that it has to do with the continuous losses, it makes more sense.

Thanks again,
Nikos.