A question about Solution

Dear FLUKA experts:
I want to bombard my custom material with a beam of 8KeV In115 with a mass ratio of Fe:Cr:Ni:C=0.705:0.19:0.1:0.05. I want to detect the number of electrons after bombardment, for this I added the USEBIN card and selected electrons. But after starting the operation, FLUKA reported ERROR Code 12,No runtest002 generated. I don’t know why. Could you please help me?

test.inp (1.4 KB)

Dear @Nicolas_Zhou,

I will take a look asap and come back to you.

Cheers,
Fran

Hi @Nicolas_Zhou,

After a crash, it’s worth checking the files with extensions *.out, *.err, and *.log for clues about what went wrong. In your case, the error messages give pretty useful information.

A few things regarding your input:

1. You are using kev in an expression, I presume you meant keV, note the capital V.
    kev means nothing to Flair, while keV means 10^{-6}.

2. You have a half-way defined component. The name that relate the composition to the material is missing: steel in your case. Make sure you specify it in the COMPOUND card.
    Also, you are specifically defining Cr-52 as chromium, instead of the natural composition. Make sure this is what you meant or edit the relevant MATERIAL card.
    The lecture on material definition attached below might be helpful.

3. I guess this is what you want, but just in case note that when HEAVY ION is selected in the BEAM card, the kinetic energy or momentum is specified per nucleon, so you are defining a In115 beam with total momentum 115*8 keV/c.

Should you encounter further issues, do not hesitate to reach out.

Hope this helps.
Fran