Abort called from USEVPR reason

Dear professors,
I have updated fluka to the newest version and the same program that worked in previous version breaks down now. The critical error reads “Abort called from USEVPR reason NHITCL.NE.NUSDBN(NB) Run stopped”. It does not appear in the initiation of the program because 68 events have already been simulated. I wonder how to solve this problem. Thank you for your help!
Best regards,
Hechong Han
mdstck.f (3.5 KB)
mgdraw.f (8.7 KB)
muon222.txt.txt (84.2 KB)
newsource.f (7.3 KB)
Te-LS_222.inp (3.4 KB)
Te-LS_222001.err (1.5 KB)
Te-LS_222001.log (148 Bytes)
Te-LS_222001.out (102.8 KB)
usrrnc.f (1.4 KB)

Dear @hanhechong,

sorry for the late reply!

I wasn’t able to reproduce the crash with the uploaded input files.

However, the error message points to the ROTPRBIN card. Does your simulation still get aborted if you disable this card?

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd ,
Thank you for your explanation! I have run the program smoothly either with different random number file, or without this card as you said. I’m just curious about the reason. Because every time I run one thousand programs, there’s no error like this. After I upgrade fluka to the newest version. There are total 4 error programs with the above problem among one thousand. I wonder if there’s a way to avoid this before the program begins.
Best regards,
Hechong Han

Dear Hechong,

to be able to reproduce the crash, could you let us know what operating system are you using for the simulation, and what is the version number of the gfortran compiler used?

Also, could you run a simulation (which is crashing) with the START card setting the Report option to Every history and upload the generated error file?

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd ,
Thank you for your ideas! My system is CentOS Linux 7 and gfortran version is 8.3.0. The fluka package is what is used for gfortran9 according to the manual. The error file is as followed.
Best regards,
Hechong Han
Te-LS_222001.err (16.1 KB)

Dear Hechong,

I was able to reproduce the issue, now we are investigating the cause.

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd ,
Thank you very much! Looking forward to your reply!
Best regards,
Hechong Han

Dear Hechong,

just a small update: The bug has been identified, and the fix will be available with the next release of FLUKA.

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd
Glad to hear that. Thank you!
Best regard,
Hechong Han