Combining SOURCE and BEAMSPOT

Is it possible to combine the SOURCE and SPECSOUR using BEAMSPOTs?

I have multiple photon beams I would like to implement with the SPOTBEAM cards but I would like to define these photon beam energies from a spectrum.

Dear Dirk,

if all the beam spots use the same spectrum, then you could use the phase-space sampling option of the source_newgen user routine, to sample from the different starting points.

You only need to give dummy energy/momentum values if the file, and when assigning the value of the momentum_energy variable you just use the histogram sampling function instead of the value from the phase_space_entry.

If you want an extended spot size (not a point source), then you need to program the sampling and rotation for it, but that should not be difficult.

Cheers,
David

Ok. Yes, I think see how I could do it all in the source_newgen user routine.

You are saying to generate a phase space of starting positions from my use of SPOTBEAMs and then use that phase space in to sample from in the source_newgen routine while replacing the phase space particle the energy sampled from my spectrum. Correct?

This implies I cannot enable the SOURCE and SPECSOUR cards simultaneously, correct?

Dear Dirk,

yes, that is the idea.

And no, the SOURCE and SPECSOUR cards can’t be used at the same time.

Cheers,
David

Thank you for the quick response.