Definition Function GETLET

Dear FLUKA experts,

I hope you are all well. I am trying to do some calculations involving the LET (Linear Energy Transfer) and I would like to do how FLUKA calculates it at its fundamental level. I tried to search for some documentation on the GETLET function but it does not seem to be anywhere. I tried looking for it in FLUKA’s source code but I am afraid I do not have the credentials to download it. Would it be possible for the definition of the GETLET function to be posted here for future reference or at least an outline of how it calculates the LET and under which definition?

Thank you very much for your time in advance. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Best regards,
Daniel

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for your post.

In FLUKA, when one requests to score LET one obtains the unrestricted stopping power with the usual contributions: standard Bethe-Bloch term, Barkas corrections, Bloch corrections, density-effect corrections, Mott corrections for heavy ions, etc.

The function definition for completeness:

DOUBLE PRECISION FUNCTION GETLET ( IJ, EKIN, PLA, TDELTA, MATLET )

where IJ is the particle species, EKIN the kinetic energy, PLA the momentum, TDELTA the delta-ray production threshold, and MATLET the material index.

With kind regards,

Cesc

Dear @cesc,

Thank you for your reply!

I see. It is indeed clearer now. Thank you for your time.

Best wishes,
Daniel