Discontinuous in the energy spectrum when shown in logY format

Dear FLUKA experts, I’m simulating the efficiency calibration of LaBr3 detector with 137Cs source, but there are problems:

1. When I plot the result of DETECT (the parameters of DETGEB were roughly evaluate from the experiment) in logY format, there is discontinue after the 662 keV peak, but not in Y format as shown below. Do you have any idea for this?
  2. The PHYSICS now I set is refer to some post in FLUKA forum. And I also want to know is there any problem with my PHYSICS part?
  3. My goal is to simulate the efficiency calibration of LaBr3 detector between 100 keV and 9 MeV, and there is no such source cover this large energy range as I know. So I need to set a photon beam, I am wondering can I set a loop on the beam energy? Or, I need to set the beam energy one by one?
    I also put my input file here.
    Best regards,
    zhen huang

LaBr3_efff.inp (2.5 KB)

Dear fluka experts,

For the third question in the last post, after reading some post in forum , I try to use the source_newgen.f to define the discrete beam energy, here I attach my source_newgen.f, beamenergy.dat, and input file.

The output spectrum is a little weird, as shown below:
I have set 36 beam energy, so I’m expecting there are at least 36 full energy peak.
As you can see, there is only a small peak at 511 keV, It seem I have only set one beam energy (10 MeV), which means the source_newgen.f did not work.
Is there any problem with my file?
Sorry to have so much questions.

beamenergy.dat (978 Bytes)
source_newgen.f (19.0 KB)
LaBr3_effcali.flair (2.3 KB)
LaBr3_effcali.inp (2.5 KB)

Dear Zhen,

1. The discontinuities in the logarithmic plot are due to the zero count in those bins. Since it is impossible to plot the zero value on a logarithmic plot, they are skipped.

2. The PHYSICS cards are only necessary for activation / residual nuclei calculations.

3. You can set up a variable with the #define FLUKA #preprocessor as the particle energy (see slide 31 from here), and use the Loop function on the Flair’s Run tab to automatically create simulations with different energies.

And in your second post, you didn’t set up 36 separate energies, but one continuous, uniform energy distribution between 0.1 and 9 MeV. Sampling from discrete energy lines will be available in the next major release of FLUKA.

Cheers,
David

3 posts were split to a new topic: Loop variable does not contain a valid formatted real number when one expected

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Loop variable does not contain a valid formatted real number