Download - Invalid credentials

Hello,
I am a new member to Fluka family. I am trying to download “gfortran 10, 64 bits (.tgz )” from https://fluka.cern/download/latest-fluka-release but in the next page it says that my credentials are invalid.

Thank you in advance,
Panos

1 Like

Hello,

I checked and your email is correctly registered in the e-group which gives you access to FLUKA. Do you manage to login on https://fluka.cern (Sign-in bottom top right)?

Kind regards,
Anton

Thank you for your reply,

I can login on https://fluka.cern. When I click the download button it asks me for my CERN account (I believe I have a lightweight account) and then it says that my username or password is invalid. If I choose on the download page to login as a guest I get a “401 unauthorised” message.

thanks,
Panos

Dear Panagiotis,

The problem could be related to some IT upgrade here at CERN. We are investigating the issue with the CERN IT service. It seems also other users are concerned.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Anton

Continuing the discussion from Download-invalid credentials:

Hello again Fluka experts,

I still cannot download the file for Mac. My credentials are not recognised. Thank you again for your time.

Dear Panagiotis,

Are you selecting the “Guest access” option at the bottom right corner on the CERN SSO page?

Cheers,
David

Thank you very much for you reply. I have tried both ways, guest access and Cern account but the result is the same.

Dear Panagiotis,

You indeed must first click on “Guest access” and then enter your email+password. I see however from your last message that also this is failing. Your access to the FLUKA packages is valid (I just checked), but it rather seems that the password of your Lightweight is not recognized. I therefore recommend that you reset your password using the “Forgot Password” link just below the password field.

If after resetting the password the problem persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Anton

Dear Anton,

Thank you very much. I reset my password and I managed to download the file. The thing is that today I had already changed once my password for my lightweight Cern account hoping that it would work. It looks now that I have one password for signing in into the website and another one for downloading. Anyway the thing is that I downloaded the file and I can also sign in into Fluka Cern website. If I face any problems in the future I will let you know. Thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards,
Panagiotis

Nice to hear that you made it.

That’s impossible: the password is only required to sign in on the website, after that - if the respective account was approved for FLUKA download, as is your case - the access to the files does not prompt any different password request (after a while it just asks you to sign in again to refresh the authentication).

Best wishes

Just a small correction concerning the remark of Francesco: when clicking on the download button on the website, one often needs to enter the credentials again even if one has already signed in on the website. The reason is that CERN is changing the authentication interface - the website still uses the old one, while the download area already uses the new interface. This should no longer be the case once the website has also been migrated to the new interface.

Besides, we recently got some reports of users that they cannot login with their Lightweight account (under “Guest access”). Resetting the password usually solved the problem.

It indeed sounds strange that different passwords are needed depending on the old/new interface (since the account is still the same). But it could be that this is due to some glitch in the system migration. Let us know if similar problems occur in the future

Kind regards,
Anton

1 Like

Sorry, you are right, I did not realize this involution as experienced by @Panos13. Myself I had just to go through a double authentication (with identical credentials). Hopefully this will no longer be needed in a near future.

Thank you all for your replies.

Kind regards,
Panos