Error Generated when more than 1 cycle is run

Dear FLUKA Experts,

When I run the following fluka file with single cycle, the run completes successfully and the results have 99% uncertainty.
M2topBiasing.flair (15.8 KB)
M1.f (13.1 KB)

But, when I run more than one cycle, Progress Status shows “Finished with errors”. The screenshot of the error is attached here.

Why is it so? Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,
Jyoti

Dear @jyoti.grg,
Did you look into the .out and .log files generated by Fluka to try understand what the error actually is?

Dear Expert,

I checked the .out and .log files. No error was generated. I ran the input with 10spawns and 2 cycles, but only 19 files were generated (screenshot attached).

Now, when I saved and closed the file, and again opened it,the file (whose screenshot was attached previously) is not seen.

Please advise.

With regards,
Jyoti

Dear @jyoti.grg,
I wasn’t able to replicate your crash. Could you please share all the files pertaining the problematic case?
I mean .out .log .err and the random seed file ran***
Thank you.

Dear Expert,

The input file and source file is attached.
MTest.inp (17.6 KB)
M1.f (13.1 KB)
I ran 5cycles, 15 spawns with NPS:5E+07.
Total 29 files are generated and it is finished with errors.

I am getting error in the attached files.
MTest_01003.out (249.4 KB)
MTest_01003.err (6.1 KB)

But, when I ran the same input with 2 cycles, zero spawns and NPS:2E+07, it was “Finished OK”.

I am not able to understand the mistake, why the error is generated.

Please advise.

With regards,
Jyoti

Dear @jyoti.grg,
It took me some time but in the end I found the problem. It has nothing to do with running multiple cycles, instead it is due to an error in the geometry. The regions corresponding to the lead discs (i.e. regions Pb30, Pb31, etc) are all made by touching finite cylinders (RCC). As this is explained in the geometry lecture, slide 30, this could lead to precision errors. Fluka tries to recover from this kind of errors but doesn’t always succeed. Therefore, when running a very large number of primaries, you increased the chance to run in one of these errors, which in the end you experienced.
To avoid these errors, as it’s explained in the slide above, the best way is to change the geometry using infinite cylinders cut by planes.

Dear @amario
Thank you for the help. The runs are completed without any error.

With regards,
Jyoti