EVENTBIN data problem

Dear FLUKA Experts,
I use EVENTBIN card to score the energy deposition in the detector. In my EVENTBIN card, Type is set to region and Unit is set to 21Bin(part is set to Energy). Finally it can run successfully and there are fort.21 file in the work-file, but when I click the button ‘Data’ in flair, there is no file. So I can not use Process to merged data files. How to solve this problem?

Dear Qinqing,

the fort files containing EVENTBIN results cannot be merged, since they contain event-by-event results.

The easiest way to access the data is to set the Unit of the scoring to ASC. This way you can open the fort file with any text editor.

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd ,
As you said, EVENTBIN results cannot be merged. I have a question: We usually run multiple cycle(>5 to have a meaningful estimation) to compute the statistical error and merge the results of the different cycles. EVENTBIN results cannot be merged, how to compute the statistical and have a meaningful estimation?

Dear Qinqing,

The EVENTBIN scoring cannot give an estimation as a result, thus merging is not possible.
It is the user’s responsibility to process the event-by-event results.

If you are looking for an estimation, maybe a different type of scoring would be more suitable.

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd ,
Thanks for your reply! In other words, if I want to score event-b-event results of 1e7 photons, I only need to run 1 cycle?

Dear Qinqing,

yes, in the case of EVENTBIN there is no need for multiple cycles.

However, please keep in mind that the EVENTBIN output will take a lot of space on the disk.

Cheers,
David

@horvathd Thank you very much!