Example using Flair

Hello,
pdw indicates that I am already in \home\darwin… When I change the directory to /mnt/c/WLS/file then the same error appears when I run the basic simulation in Flair (finished with errors). Then when i change back to /home/darwin the same happens.

Best wishes,
Pinelopi

Hi,

please check the version of gfortran you are using with: gfrotran --version, and could you let us know which FLUKA package did you install (gfor7 or gfor9, tgz or deb)

Also when a run crashes it leaves a folder fluka_xxx. Is there am .err, .log or .out file in that folder?

Cheers,
David

Hello,
I installed gfor7 tgz. I think I should have installed gfor9 tgz because I am using Windows10…

Cheers,
Pinelopi

Hi Pinelopi,

the gfor tgz version is the correct one in your case.
Just to make sure, you could delete the current FLUKA folder, and reinstall it again.

Cheers,
David

Hello,
I repeated the procedure with gfor9 tgz and nothing changed. Also, if I try running an example simulation from fluka I have the error depicted in the picture.

Hello,

Could you reinstall the gfor7 version?

Cheers,
David

Hello,
i repeated the same procedure with gfor7 and i got this

Cheers,
Pinelopi

Hi,

you tried to run inside the FLUKA installation, which is never a good idea.
(Also, the error message says, that the input file cannot be found in that folder.)

Please try to run from your home directory.

Cheers,
David

Hello,
yes now it is working

But flair continues to have the same issue.

Do you mean the “finished with errors” message? From your last screenshot it looks like your FLUKA installation now works fine. You may want to remove all the fluka_* temporary directories (such as fluka_37), if they are still there. Then, in order to understand the aforementioned message (if popping up again), one has to look at the produced .out, .log, .err files, as David pointed out.