Executable returns RC=2, Index error

Dear FLUKA experts,

I’m trying to model an electron beam travelling through a steel encased vacuum beampipe and quadrupole magnet and then scoring dose in a water phantom, but before I add a magnetic field I find that when I try to run my input file, I get the following error:

======================== Running FLUKA for cycle # 1 ========================
Error: “/usr/local/fluka/bin/fluka” executable returned RC=2

nothing shows up in the .out file other than where it stops running, but the .log file reads:
At line 42 of file cascade/dfatwg.f
Fortran runtime error: Index ‘0’ of dimension 2 of array ‘isondx’ below lower bound of 1

Error termination. Backtrace:
#0 0x7fe5ce2517c2 in ???
#1 0x7fe5ce252289 in ???
#2 0x7fe5ce25289a in ???
#3 0x56316866b78a in dfatwg_
at cascade/dfatwg.f:42
#4 0x563168570187 in master.0.cmpcrd
at main/cmpcrd.f:469
#5 0x563168405213 in flukam_
at main/flukam.f:2675
#6 0x563168402f10 in fluka
at main/fluka.f:77
#7 0x563168402f10 in main
at /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/fluka-4/src/usflmd.inc:15

I have no idea what this type of error means, I have checked the geometry viewer and that is not showing up any issues, if anyone has any thoughts on how I could fix this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Lucy
QuadwPipe.inp (4.2 KB)
QuadwPipe001.log (527 Bytes)
QuadwPipe001.out (27.4 KB)

Hello Lucy,

Upon first glance, it looks like you defined plenty of materials with empty atomic number Z. FLUKA then expects there should be a COMPOUND with the same name, finds none, and complains (see the manual for the MATERIAL and COMPOUND cards). Instead it looks like you’re defining single-element materials. Completing the MATERIAL cards with empty Z should fix this issue.

Some of the single-element materials you indicate are already pre-defined in FLUKA (see manual), and it looks like you’re asking for them with exactly the same density as the pre-defined one (?), which is somewhat redundant. Unless I’m overlooking something essential, you could get by without them.

Cheers,

Cesc

1 Like

Hi Cesc,

Thanks for your reply, I can’t believe I didn’t notice that! I added the atomic numbers as you suggested and it now runs.

Thanks again!
Lucy