Flair 3.1-2 abnormal behaviour

Dear experts,

I had already prepared a voxel phantom that worked well on flair 2.3-0. But there seems to be a problem in flair 3.1-2. After opening the relevant file (with .vxl extension) using VOXELS card, everything is fine in the Geometry tab and there are no errors, but in the Input tab, in drop list of region ID/name in ASSIGNMA cards, the names of the organs are not seen! However, in the Geometry tab all organs and their names can be seen.
Any help will be appreciated in advance.
Asghar

Hi @asghar.haddadi

could you try to re-create the voxel with flair 3.1-2. There were several changes both in flair-3 and fluka-4 to include more information of the dicom inside the voxel.

Vasilis

Dear Vasilis,

I did not use the DICOM function to prepare the mentioned voxel phantom. I used the human ICRP110 ASCII voxel data and to produce the golem.vxl, then I used modified version of “WRITEGOLEM” program which is mentioned in section 8.3 of FLUKA-4 manual. I also used the following commands to compile and link:
/pathtofluka/bin/fff writegolem.f
/pathtofluka/bin/lfluka -o writegolem writegolem.o
After executing the writegolem, the result was file golem.vxl.
So according to the previous message, I think the problem is related to the flair 3.1-2.
The following are screenshots of both versions of flair.
Asghar

It seems that there is a problem in the new flair to properly assign the regions and material properties to the voxels. Its only a presentation problem in flair, not a problem in running fluka.
Could you send me the vxl and input file to correct.

Vasilis

Dear Vasilis,

It seems that the file with extension “vxl” cannot be sent from here and this is not allowed. Can you help me how can I send you the relevant files?

Regards,
Asghar

The upload of vxl files should work now.
Otherwise, could you upload to some file sharing platform (dropbox, google drive, firefox send, sendspace, file dropper, etc…)

Dear Vasilis,

Due to the large size of vxl file, I shared a part of the phantom (with a size of about 28 MB). I shared inp and vxl files via the following link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17rvCc8lhlOtpnyPMtyh50RVMDCpT23Md?usp=sharing

Hoping it will be useful.

Thank you @asghar.haddadi
when I open your voc.inp with 3.1-2 it shows the list with the voxels (actually is even doubled).

I tried something else, deleting your VOXELS card from the input, and then adding manually the card with the voxel file. Before adding the card it shows in red all ASSIGNMA correctly because it doesn’t know the regions, but it doesn’t refresh after the voxel card is added. After manually clicking on the refresh button
everything was ok (apart from the double entries).

Could you describe the steps you did to arrive to the problem?

Vasilis

Dear @asghar.haddadi
Would you like share your complete .inp file? I have the .vxl file. I can try it and solve it. Thank you!
Xiaoman,
Best wishes

Dear Vasilis,

After clicking on the refresh button everything is ok, but after closing the inp file and opening it again , the problem still exists and it shows in red all ASSIGNMA ! especially when the inp file/project is saved with svae button in input ribbon (following figure).

pic1

It seems that with each opening of the inp file, the VOXELS card must be refreshed once.
Another problem is about the organ with the highest number in vxl file (VOXEL138 in the following figure) , which is still not recognized by flair 3.1-2 even by clicking on the refresh button. But, this is not the case with the flair 2.3-0 .

pic2

Asghar

Dear Xiaoman,

What kind of phantom do you have? My inp file is related to ICRP110 human voxel phantom.

Regards
Asghar

Dear @asghar.haddadi
I have ICRP110 female and male voxel phantom.If you have both, it is best. Thank you.
Xiaoman,
Best wishes

Thanks @asghar.haddadi
I’ve spotted the error with the regions and I’ve just fixed it. I will push the new release in a while

Dear Vasilis,

Hoping to release the revised version of flair 3.1-2.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Asghar

Dear @asghar.haddadi
Would you like sharing your ICRP110 female and male voxel phantom .inp file for me? When I added the material to different region, there has incorrect match between organs and materials. Thanks very much for your kindly help!
Xiaoman
Best wishes

@asghar.haddadi
we’ve just released the 3.1-3 which fixes the issue among others

Vasilis

Dear Vasilis,

This version of flair works well and the problem was solved. Thanks so much.

Regards,
Asghar

Dear Xiaoman,

Due to my participation in a joint project I can not share this file at this time.

Regards,
Asghar