FLUDAG with source routine

Dear all,

I am using FLUDAG for my simulation, but I would like to also use user routine (customize source). Could you please describe, how it should be done? I have read one post on the forum, but it wasn’t helpful for me.

Thank for your time.

With regards,

Jaroslav Č.

Dear Jaroslav,

please have a look at this topic:

Cheers,
David

I am still around :slight_smile: So do let me know if you have any issues

2 Likes

Dear Dávid,

Thank you for your answer. I have read this post before, but I am not sure, if I got it right. So, I am sorry for plenty of maybe not smart questions.

In the case, when user is willing to use customized source, the fludag needs to be recompiled and in this case fluka-cern-source branch could be used? So, it means, the fludag has to be recompiled for each new source?

Thanks.

With regards,

Jarda Č.

Hi Jarda

Yes, however, with regards to recompilation for each source, that is true of FLUKA too. You could make your own wrapper which you could pass some SDUM through where it could call a multitude of sources. If you’re feeling real fancy you could write some custom C++ that would use dynamic loading of symbols based on what *.so’s were available, but maybe thats a step too far?

Thanks

Andy

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply. Probably, I misunderstood something.

When I am using pure FLUKA, each custom source routine needs to be compiled and I am doing it with help of FLAIR, then the run is invoke with some executable. My question is, what is the procedure in case of FLUDAG and custom user routine, because executable is used for /…/mainfludag.

Now I understand that for usage of user routine the whole dagcm needs to be compiled with along user routine. Am I right?

Thank you.

With regards,

Jarda Č.

HI Jarda

Yes, each new source routine would need to be a new executable just like FLUKA. When I do this I end up renaming them with the name of the source, e.g. mainfludag-fancysource

Thanks

Andy

Hi Jarda

You can select the executable you want to run with flair, the same as you would with regular fluka. Alternatively, on the command line one can pass the -e command to specify which executable you would like.

Thanks

Andy