FLUDAG's MOAB Dependency Installation Failure

Greetings,

I need some guidance on how to build the MOAB dependency in order to install FLUDAG. I am working with Ubuntu 20.04 on WSL2. The instructions provided on the following link (from DAGMC’s official site):

https://svalinn.github.io/DAGMC/install/dependencies.html

seem to be working for the build process of HDF5, but a soon as I reach the make command under the ‘MOAB Installation’ section I get the: “make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.” error.

I preferred the source installation route over the package manager one and followed thoroughly the instructions provided. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Any ideas on how to move on would be welcome.

Nikos.

Hi Nikos

The DAGMC documentation is being updated as we speak, we actually prefer the cmake build process these days, so

cd MOAB
mkdir bld
cd bld
cmake .. -DENABLE_HDF5=ON -DENABLE_BLASLAPACK=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=..
make
make install

That should get you going

Thanks

Andy

Hello again,

executing the cmake command you indicated while in the /dagmc_bld/MOAB/bld directory resulted to this error:

“CMake Error: The source directory ‘/home/nikos/dagmc_bld/MOAB’ does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.”.

I assumed that I should execute the code blocks above the “make” command in the aforementioned instruction link before trying the cmake command you indicated. Thank you for the swift reply.

Nikos.

Hi Nikos

When you run the cmake command, the bld directory should be empty

Thanks

Andy

Hi @makeclean,

I managed to successfully install 2/2 FLUDAG’s dependencies, thank you for your help!

I am now having trouble installing FLUDAG following these instructions:

Install FluDAG — DAGMC,

in combination with this topic:

Trying to install FLUDAG,

which describes the same error message I get when executing “make” to install FLUDAG. I suspect that the error I get:

“/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lFLUKA_LIBRARIES-NOTFOUND/libflukahp.a …”

occurs due to the $FLUPRO variable pointing to the wrong path. I used this path:

/usr/local/fluka/bin

which if I am not mistaken is FLUKA’s default installation path (given that I followed these GitHub - horvathd/cern_fluka_wsl: CERN's FLUKA on Windows 10 using WSL instructions). Any ideas on where should the $FLUPRO variable point at?

Thanks,
Nikos.

Hi Nikos

You currently need to build from my branch GitHub - makeclean/DAGMC: Direct Accelerated Geometry Monte Carlo Toolkit fluka-cern branch

Thanks

Andy

I used these commands:

git clone https://github.com/makeclean/DAGMC.git
git checkout fluka-cern

instead of the ones provided in the instructions, so I guess that I have already built from your branch, the cmake command:

cmake …/src -DMOAB_DIR=$HOME/dagmc_bld/MOAB
-DBUILD_FLUKA=ON
-DFLUKA_DIR=$FLUPRO
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$INSTALL_PATH

is the one actually causing me trouble because of the fluka dir.

Thank you for your patience,
Nikos.

Hi Nikos

No problem :slight_smile: What does your FLUPRO environment actually point to? For example, mine points to /home/adavis/opt/fluka-cern/fluka-4.0.1

Thanks

Andy

For some reason my fluka installation took place in the directory of the following path (this where the executables are located):

/usr/local/fluka/bin

so I just had to assign the path above to the FLUPRO variable and proceed to the next step.

Thank you for your time @makeclean,
Nikos.