Fluka run not proceeding further

Dear fluka users,
I am running an input file which uses the source subroutine. The fluka run in the main frame system of our institute is stuck after first particle and is not proceeding further. I am not able to find any error in the input file. I am uploading the input file as well as the *.out and *.err file from the running directory of the fluka run along with the source subroutine. Kindly suggest what is the error and what modification is required to run the same.
example001.err (29.1 KB)
example001.out (89.4 KB)
MuonPlus.f (18.9 KB)
MuonPlus.txt (2.6 KB)

Dear @sujoy,

You also need to share your fluka inputfile.

And the .log file may also be of help, since the uploaded .out and .err files do not report any fatal error.

Thank you @amario and @ceruttif for your prompt reply. Please find enclosed the input file which I forgot to attach earlier. I am not able to attach the *.log file as it is of 0 kb.
example.inp (2.7 KB)

Dear @sujoy,

Your example is running OK on my side.

Here it goes a shot in the dark for what may be happening: maybe you are not using the executable created with your source routine. This would mean that the simulation starts with a muon of 1000 GeV (energy specified in your BEAM card), which enters your ROCK region and get splitted due to you BIASING card, so now you have 5 muons of 1000 GeV. You have biased the interaction length for muons to significantly reduce their inelastic interaction length, so the muon is likely to interact. The inelastic interaction length of all secondary muons is also biased, so they are as well likely to interact… You can see how the simulation of one innocent muon can become a highly CPU demanding undertaking. In this case, it is not that the FLUKA run does not proceed, it simply takes very long to simulate each primary particle.

I would proceed as follows:

• I fail to see the point of the BIASING card. Remove it unless you have a good reason for it.
  • Similarly with the DPMJET card, this card is only availabe for development work.
  • Limit the LAM-BIAS to primary particles only. You can do that by choosing INEPRI as LAM-BIAS Type.
  • Compile your source routine and link it with ldpmqmd. Make sure you use the generated executable in your simulation.

Let me know if this helps and especially if it does not.

Kind regards,
Francisco

Thank you @fogallar for your kind reply. Now the input file has been modified as suggested by you and the run is proceeding. I have carried out the following changes as suggested by you:

1. BIASING has now been removed.

2. DPMJET card has been removed.

3. LAM-BIAS has been applied only for the primary particles.

4. I have again compiled the source routine and link it with ldpmqmd. But I think the earlier routine was reading the energy distribution as it was reflected from the previous *.out file.

with regards,
Sujoy Chatterjee

Dear @sujoy,

Thanks for the update.

I have again compiled the source routine and link it with ldpmqmd. But I think the earlier routine was reading the energy distribution as it was reflected from the previous *.out file.

I missed that, thanks. Please let us know in case the problem remains.

Kind regards,
Francisco