Geometry modeling overlap issues

Dear experts,

Continuing the last problem, I encountered a problem in the process of modeling.In the face of randomly generated geometry, geometry that is too dense will encounter overlapping problems.I cannot solve this problem, but I can only turn to the experts of the forum.I would appreciate having an expert to help me solve this problem.

proces.py (2.0 KB)
Drull.inp (26.0 KB)

Feng Xu
Thanks in advance!

Dear @fengfengxu,

Unfortunately, this is not a Fluka problem. The problem is in the python script that generates overlapping objects. Therefore, it’s beyond the scope of this forum.

Dear @amario

Thanks to the experts for their quick response.For operational convenience, I intend to import CAD.I would like to know how FLUKA implements CAD conversion.

Feng Xu
Thanks in advance!

There is no native way for FLUKA to import CAD, but you can find some way looking for “CAD” in the forum:

Dear @amario

Sorry I’m late with some work. Thank you, I will try to figure out how to solve these problems. Also the random geometry question is hopefully considered by the developers, as it is really common.

Feng Xu

Hallo Feng Xu,
I’m not sure what you exactly mean to bring to the developer’s attention here. Geometry regions, which have naturally to be defined by the user, must not overlap and I do not see how the code could sensibly fix this a posteriori.

Dear @ceruttif
Dear experts, at present, you can use the random geometry of the CAD software to design, and then import geant4, running smoothly.However we use CAD to import fluka also urgently need a convenient software.I’m currently trying to draw with simplegeo, however this version has not been updated. However, this software is really very easy to use, and the official can consider updating it, of course, only as a suggestion.Open source software is indeed a very difficult thing, just as personal advice, thank you for the continuous help of experts.
Thanks to the help of the two experts, I will also make improvements to my code, this post can be closed.
Thank you

1 Like