GNU libc version in cluster

Dear Fluka experts,
Recently we installed fluka4-2.2 version in our cluster. I usually run tests and make changes via Flair in my computer using the same fluka version.

All occurred well when I tested the cluster installation with the example.inp provided by fluka developers.
When I ran my application which uses a personalized executable I got this error:

Error: "my_path_to executable/shower_e" executable returned RC=1

Looking at log files I find these messages:

my_path_to executable/shower_e: /lib64/libm.so.6: version "GLIBC_2.29" not found (required by my_path_to executable/shower_e)

my_path_to executable/shower_e: /lib64/libm.so.6: version "GLIBC_2.27" not found (required by my_path_to executable/shower_e)

Indeed, the version of glibc on the cluster is 2.17 while on my computer is 2.31.
My questions are:

1. The simple example (example.inp) runs under the 2.17 glibc version without errors, is the executable file the part of the code that demands the glibc library?
  2. The cluster is used by different groups and I’m not sure how easy it is to update the glibc library. Is there any other possibilities to avoid this error? Downgrade the Fluka version for example?

Many thanks,

Jordi

Dear Jordi,

you need to recompile your executable on your cluster to make it compatible with glibc 2.17.

Cheers,
David

Dear Dávid,

Thanks for your quick answer. As you suggested, I’ve compiled it directly from the cluster and it’s working.

All the best,

Jordi