How do I properly run the Energy Spectrum Sampling Software?

Dear experts,

I’m back! I’m using complementary software developed by experts like Theis.I’m currently having trouble installing, mainly because the compilation process is causing me headaches!
[Sampling from energy spectra]

The process I am currently trying is as follows:

example-input-test.zip (23.9 KB)

Maybe the problem is simple, but it’s really troubling!
Thanks in advance!
fengfeng

Hello,

I am not sure to understand what your problem really is because as I can see from your screenshot the executables (flukahp-spec and flukadpm-spec) are correctly created after compilation. If you are referring to the warnings during the compilation, then you can safely ignore those. The fact that the compile adds padding to internally align the structure size to benefit from the best performance and memory layout is rather informative than a real warning in this case.

Cheers
Chris

1 Like

Hello professor,

Glad to have your answer again!my screenshot is incomplete, in fact, the program doesn’t work for some reason.The program is in the installation package I uploaded, and I operated it in the way you gave.

fengfeng

Hello,

I am afraid I do not see where the issue is. You have to look into the sub-directory where FLUKA is running (e.g. “fluka_15591” as in your screenshot) and check the .out, .log, and .err files for messages that could pinpoint the issue.

If the program just disappears, then it could be related to the fact that not sufficient memory is available because FLUKA allocates quite some large portions statically. Especially on virtual machines that might be problematic, but that does not have anything to do specifically with the spectra sampling routines.

Cheers
Chris

1 Like

Hello professor,

I read stuff and still haven’t found a proper solution.Is it possible that it is a permission problem with the Fluka installation? Or an environment variable setting problem?
Of course, as a study, I am still trying hard, of course, source.f can also be achieved.But I prefer your software, because it will be more convenient.Sorry for wasting your precious time!

Fengfeng

Dear fengfeng,

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce these problems. As I could see from your screenshot you are running in a virtual machine (Virtual Box) and it looks as if there could be a permission/configuration issue with the filesystem. However, I am afraid that I cannot help with this one.

Cheers
Chris

1 Like

Dear fengfeng,

the problem seem to be that you are passing the spectrum file as executable to the rfluka script. The correct command would be:

rfluka -e flukahp-spec spectra_sampling.inp

as it is written in the Readme file.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Dear professors,

I would like to thank you for your two days of work and two experts for your help! I should have followed the instructions strictly and reminded myself!

With the help of an expert I got the result and I think it is satisfactory.

Thanks again to the two experts,
fengfeng