How to define optical grease

Dear @horvathd ,
Optical silicone grease is an optical coupling agent, which has its own transmittance and refractive index. How to define it?

Dear @xiongbp,

you can define it as any other material in FLUKA, using the MATERIAL and COMPOUND cards, and the you set the optical properties.

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd ,
Optical grease is a special material with good transmittance for optical photon, prevents reflections and loss of brightness in transmission due to different refractive index of different materials, but it seems no settings about it in OPT-PROP.

Dear @xiongbp,

The refraction index can be set with the OPT-PROP card if the Type option is left empty. Otherwise, I don’t know which other properties you would like to set.

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd ,
yes I know that how to set refraction, I mean photon will be reflected from the material of high refraction index to low refraction index, except set the two materials to same refraction index, any way to control the number of photon be reflected?

Dear @horvathd ,
I have an idea about OPT-PROP with SDUM=METAL and want you help me to see if it is correct, please just see the picture.
图片
For the first card, the photons from “LiFZnS” will all go to “POLYSTYR” without any reflection?
For the second card, the photons from “LiFZnS” will not go to “POLYSTYR” with full reflection?

Dear @horvathd ,
The question seems can not express my problem, please close the topic, thank you.