How to programmatically get USRBIN output?

Dear FLUKA experts,

let say I have this input file (H_100.inp) and I run it with FLUKA. Calculation goes well and I’d like analyses the result. If it was one input, I’d probably plot it in FLAIR and look into more details of .dat file generated with plotting. My context is that I wrote a python script that is generating input files and shepherds them through FLUKA calculation. These steps work flawlessly, but my problem is that there are hundreds, if not thousands of inputs and I cannot manually plot them to get .dat file. So, my question is - how to get the result of a USRBIN that is nicely formatted (such as .dat) or any other format that’s easily digestible with python?

Thanks!
H_100.inp (1.2 KB)
H_100_plot01.dat (49.3 KB)

Ok, made some progress. So, of course - I misread the FLUKA manual and was trying (and failing!) to employ USRSUW instead of USBSUW to get .bnn. With the help of USBREA I am getting formatted results. Just wanted to write it out if anyone gets stuck in the same place.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

You are right, any unformatted (bnn) result you can transform to a formatted output using USBREA. An alternative way is to ask directly for an ASCII output in the USRBIN (ASC instead of BIN) although the most recommended way to do it is with USBREA.

To make the conversion from bnn to asciI in FLAIR:
Go to the “Run” tab > “Data” > “Process” the results. Once the .bnn is created, go to “Files” and click on “data” below the “Cycles”. There the .bnn will appear. By right clicking on the .bnn file one can select “To ascii” and the formatted file will be created and will be shown in the same list of files.

A post was split to a new topic: Bnn conversion to ASCII