Import of CAD .step file into FLUKA

Dear Experts,

Is there any way to convert .step file from CAD drawing into Fluka input file through Flair?

Sandipan

Hi Sandipan

There is FluDAG - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168900218314311 - it needs updating for the FLUKA-CERN release but this is in progress. Happy to answer any questions that you have.

Thanks

Andy

1 Like

Dear Sir

Thanks for the kind reply. Actually we are designing an irradiator system. We have carried out simulations on the simplified version of the irradiator. Now, as the CAD design is ready, I am interested in verifying the output of the final design. Is there any way to use FLuDAG for my step file now?

Hi Sandipan

Iā€™d be very happy to help you with that. There is a little work that will have to go on with processing the geometry, but if you are willing to share the geometry (at least privately) I can let you know how much effort it would be. The workflow is quite straightforward, but I can at least help you jump through some of the hoops.

Thanks

Andy

Dear Sir,

That will be really great for me. Can you kindly provide me with the email ID where I can send the step file. I hope that with your guidance, I can complete the remaining processing. Thanks again for the help.

Sandipan

Hi Sandipan

You can contact me directly on andrew.davis@ukaea.uk

Thanks

Andy

1 Like

Thanks Sir. I have sent the step file in your mail ID.

Sandipan