Isomer energy level(continue)

Dear professors,
Continue the discussions in this post Isomer energy level, I want to raise two issues concerning the isomer of Sb120 and Sb118 respectively.

1. For Sb120

I encountered this two lines in usrrnc.f. I want to confirm if it is Sb120[0+X] according to G4 database as it not only is the lowest isomer level, but also is able to decay to Sn120 as the next line.

2. For Sb118

I also have these two similar lines. This time, however, Sb118[250] is not the lowest level. But on the other hand, it’s the only one which can decay to Sn118 as the next line. So what exactly is this 51,118,1?

Thank you for your help!
Best regards,
Hechong Han

hi Hechong Han,

1. 120 51 1 is the first metastable state of 120Sb, which indeed is at 0+X energy.

2. 118 51 1 is the first metastable state of 118Sb, which is at 220 keV energy in our DB, and decays EC/B+ to 118Sn as you mention. We can note a small mismatch in the energy of the level (220 instead of 250), otherwise this should be what you expect to see.

Let me know if there’s anything else that is unclear
Cheers
Philippe

Dear @pschoofs ,
Thank you for your excellent explanation! Is there any access to the fluka nuclear database as you mentioned? Because the isomer is always denoted as a non-zero m, it’s very likely to have the same situations above when I encountered other nucleus and searched for the exact energy level.
Best regards,
Hechong Han

Hello,

No, there is no possibility for the user to access that internal database. In almost all cases, if you are looking for specific nuclear data, we advise to go directly to the sources (e.g. NNDC NuDat, ENSDF, RIPL) on which the database used by FLUKA is built

Cheers
Philippe

Dear @pschoofs ,
Alright, thank you!
Best regards,
Hechong Han