Issues in Data tab in new version of fluka and flair

Dear FLUKA experts,

I want to report one issue.

I have installed the new fluka and flair in two machines. One with FEDORA 30 as OS and another one with CENTOS 7. There is no problem in fedora machine. But in CENTOS system I found following issues:

1. generation of the license window every time: as I have mentioned yesterday

2. in the data tab, generally the .bnn, .tab, .lis etc files are shown. In the CENTOS system, all other inputs, .err etc files are getting populated in that section. (see the attached image)

In the FEDORA system, this anomaly is not present.

Thanks and regards,
Riya

Thank you @riya for reporting I am creating a Centos 7 virtual machine to check

1 Like

Hi @riya
I could not spot the problem nor replicate the problem,
so I’ve tried to protect it.
I will try to post a fix for that so you can test
BTW which compiler did you use in Centos 7?

Dear @vasilis,

The compiler in my system is gcc - 9.3.0.

Thanks and regards,
Riya

Hi @riya can you test the new version of flair please

Hi @vasilis ,

Sorry for late reply. The version installed in the system is [Flair 3.1-8] which is the latest one, I guess.

Regards,
Riya

Dear Riya,

Flair version 3.1-9 has been released a few days ago. Could you try with this version as well?

Cheers,
David

Hi, @vasilis , @horvathd ,

Sorry for the late reply. The workstation belongs to other person and I had to wait for his arrival. With new Flair version 3.1 -9, the license pop up issue has been resolved now. But the data tab is still showing all the run files (usually it should be blank when the run is going on, and out put files will appear only if processing is done).

The way fluka and flair was installed in the system was like that [direct installation was not possible in that system]

install src rpm packages.
– Then make some changes in spec files
add line module load gcc/9.3.0 isl/1.15
– rpmbuild -ba flair.spec
– rpmbuild -ba flair-geoviewer.spec

Is the issue happening because of this process?

p.s. in the cern home page, in the left hand side where the current version of fluka and flair are displayed, is it possible to update the flair name so that users can be aware that a new version has been released? It is showing Flair 3.1-8, whereas, after clicking that I could see now a Latest version 3.1-10 is available.

Regards,
Riya

Dear Riya,

since you are using custom modules, plus you are modifying the .spec files, it is not possible to preproduce the issue.

Could you try to install Flair and Flair-geoview from the .tgz packages? This would not require any special permission. If you have any problem with this, please let me know.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

oky we will try that. Thank you.

Regards,
Riya

Dear @horvathd,

The issue is resolved now after installing fluka using tar file.

Thanks and regards,
Riya