Limits in plotting

Dear FLUKA users

Please, help me to gain confidence on how I should limit the range over which I average the dose rate in 2D projection. Suppose I project the heatmap in X-Y plane as I did in the flair file attached. How should the limits be chosen such that my results are reproducible by other people? I need to understand this concept for the general case of arbitrary geometry and not necessarily the one I used.

I used the routine in Sampling from energy spectra

ISO.dat (1.3 KB)
drum.flair (4.4 KB)

Dear Mahanyapane,

please have a look at slides 46 - 61, especially at slide 57 of this lecture

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd

I think I understand how the results are plotted in 2D and 1D projection from the presentation. I was doing that in my simulations.
I am sorry to border you. I was thinking about the limits I choose, over which I average the quantity that I score. I thought of this in the sense that if I set the Z range as I did in the picture attached, somebody else may have a different choice. So, how do I build confidence that I am neither underestimating nor overestimating the results I get?

Dear Mahanyapane,

usually the averaging is ok if the quantity you are scoring doesn’t change much in the volume you are averaging on.

If there is big changes then the average will reduce the maximum value, thus leading to underestimation.

So first you plot one layer (or use the option to show 2D results in the geometry viewer), and then you can decide if the averaging makes sense.

Cheers,
David