Loading routine executable issue

Hello all,

I am running some simulations loading a Fortran routine. Since several days ago, I have noticed that after loading the executable into the “Exe:” space in the bottom of Flair, saving the updates and clicking in “RUN” window, if I click back to “FLAIR” window the “Exe” space is empty again. Also if I run the simulation without check, the out file is in binary format.

I have compiled the routine again but it did not work. Do you have any idea what is happening? Does someone have the same issue?

Thank you in advance,
Sara

Dear Sara,

please, try the newest Flair 3.0.11, released yesterday. It has a bugfix related to the executable name.

I’m not quite clear what do you mean with: Also if I run the simulation without check, the out file is in binary format. Could you elaborate?

Cheers,
David

Dear David,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, sorry I think I did not explain well. I meant just that I know that there is a problem with the routine because the out file is a binary file, so it is a clear sign to do not use the executable properly.

Could you tell me how can I run the newest version? Until now, I just wrote the commands “flair” and the “file.flair” I thought that the updates would run directly using that.

Cheers,
Sara

Dear Sara,

You can update Flair, by downloading and installing the latest packages from http://flair.web.cern.ch/flair/download.html

If you added the Ubuntu repositories (or using WSL), you can update Flair with the following commands:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install flair

Cheers,
David