Maximum limit bins of usrbin

Dear FLUKA experts,
I use usrbin card(optiphoton and R-phi-Z),the geometry is a cylinder,1cm long,I want to get the relationship of Z and fluence of particles and accurate the Z to 1um,so I set Z from 0 to 1 with 10000 bins,but it seems not permitted,how can I solve the problem?
Look forward to your help

Dear Xiong,

there is no limit on the number of bins in FLUKA (except how much memory is available). However, the program processing the result for plotting only allows maximum 3000 bins per axis at the moment.

For 2D plots can overlay the results on the Geometry tab. See slide 12 onward:

Cheers,
David

Dear @horvathd ,
Thank you for your reply.
Is that to say if I want to accurate to 1um(1D plot.dat file),the maximum of Z should not over 3mm? Generally,the more bins I give,the more precise I will get?
For 2D plot,does the mosaic block have anything to do with this bins?

Dear Xiong,

yes, this means if you want bins with 1 um length, your scoring can only cover 3 mm. But you can add multiple USRBIN scorings to cover a larger section of your geometry.

If the quantity has a large gradient (changes quickly) then smaller bins will be more accurate. If the quantity is mostly the same, then the smaller bins doesn’t provide much additional information. Please keep in mind, smaller bins require more primaries to reach the same statistical error.

I’m not sure, what do you mean with “mosaic block”.

Cheers,
David

Dear@horvathd ,
Thank you for your reply and sorry for my late.What I said “mosaic block” is color block in 2D projection plot,it seems color changes are discontinuous, especially near the coordinate origin,please just see the attachment.

Dear Xiong,

you need to decrease the statistical error to get a continuous result, by simulating more primaries and/or increasing the size of the bin.

Cheers,
David

Dear@horvathd ,
I have understand it,thank you for your help.