Microscopic cross section

Dear Cerutti:

Yes, this method can get the average macroscopic cross section。
However, I want get the microscopic cross section(p,n)depending on the energy. How I can get this cross section?

Expect your reply!
Kind regards,
Xiaohe Wang

Well, the relationship between macroscopic cross section Sigma (cm^-1) and microscopic cross section sigma (cm^2) is a basic concept introduced in physics books: sigma = A Sigma / (rho N_A), where A is the molar mass (g/mol), N_A is the Avogadro constant (mol^-1), and rho is the material density (g/cm^3).
From the inelastic scattering length lambda = 1/Sigma printed in the output file, you can calculate the reaction cross section of beam particles, which is not the (p,n) cross section. This is just a fraction of the reaction cross section, which one can estimate from the yield of the (p,n) products (e.g. Cu-64 in Ni-64, as given by RESNUCLEi) divided by the number of beam proton reactions (provided that the contribution of reactions by secondary particles and beam protons of lower energy is negligible).

Dear Ceruttif:
Sorry , I am still not understand.

From the output file, I can get the value of the Inelastic Scattering Length, shown in the picture.

However, this is an average value, without energy information. This can not give the reaction cross section with respect to the energy.

Meanwhile, according to your advice, I am still not understand how to get the (p,n) cross section?
Is there a way to give the(p,n) cross sections directly?

Kind regards,
Xiaohe Wang

As you can read in the header you highlighted, this is the inelastic scattering length at beam energy. So, the energy information is there.

No.

I understand.
Thank you verty much!