New dose conversion coefficients sets for AUXSCORE card ICRP116 vs ICRP74

Dear FLUKA team!

I wanted to ask if new dose conversion coefficients sets for AUXSCORE will be available for various geometries. Recently, I have calculated dose with EAP74 option for protons and also did a convolution manually with the same spectrum but with the coefficients from ICRP116 publication for the same AP geometry. For neutrons and gamma there is not much difference, but for protons it was noticeable. Also, as far as I understand, we can’t currently use, for example, ISO, PA, and LLAT geometry.

Regards,
Ivan

Dear Ivan,

the implementation of the ICRP116 fluence-to-effective dose conversion coefficients is foreseen for a future release.

Until then, the best approximation for effective dose would be to use the Effective dose sets from ICRP74 and Pelliccioni data calculated with the Pelliccioni radiation weighting factors Wr. These exist for EAPMP (Anterior-Posterior irradiation), ERTMP (Rotational irradiation geometry) and EWTMP (WORST possible geometry for the irradiation). The details can be found in the manual entry for AUXSCORE.

Best regards,
Robert

Dear Robert,

thanks for your kind reply! I did a small comparison to Pelliccioni data as well, still a bit different from ICRP116… The main question was if it is under development now and I have got an answer on that =) Will wait for the new release then!

Best wishes,
Ivan

Dear Ivan,

yes, this topic is definitely in the pipeline. Still, it might be not for the next release, but for the one after that.

Best regards,
Robert

1 Like