No input data found for 'Carbon_Scan1_50.bnn'

Dear FLUKA experts,
I am trying to run my first simulation using FluDAG. The simulation consists in an electron beam hitting a carbon tile surface designed using Cubit. Once the simulation is done, I do not have any energy deposition in the target.
A reason of this behavior could be the beam missing the target, however, trying to change the beam posiiton I don’t get any positive outcome.
I have attached here all the file that I used for the simulation and the simulation results.

Thanks for your help,
Lovepreet
forum_files.zip (33.5 KB)

Hi Lovepreet

Your underlying CAD geometry isn’t “correct” you’ve correctly assigned volumes to groups using mat:CARBON and mat:BLCKHOLE which is great. However, your carbon & blackhole region overlaps. If you use the “power tools” tab in Cubit

And then click “Analyze” you’ll see there is a volume overlap. Your graveyard/blackhole region needs to be a distinct volume which surrounds your entire geometry, but does not overlap. The way I usually do this is to create my ‘real’ geometry - the physical stuff I care about. Then make the graveyard/blackhole using the following;

create brick bounding box Volume all extended percentage 200
create brick bounding box Volume all extended percentage 1
subtract volume 4 from volume 5

Note the last two volume numbers should be the last two volumes that were created. Add that to your graveyard/blackhole. I’ve fixed the geometry for you, please see how you get on.

carbon-mod.zip (9.4 KB)

Incidently, the reason you see ‘nothing’ if you look at your *.err file, you’ll see all your energy is being deposited into the graveyard. This is because since your geometry is incorrect/invalid your source histories start inside the graveyard volume, since they are unambiguously contained by the graveyard.

Please try that modified file and let me know how you get on :slight_smile:

Thanks

Andy

3 Likes

Thank you, Sir.
It has worked perfectly. Now, I will try to plot the results using Paraview following your instructions here

In case, I am not able to do so, I will be back.

Thanks for your availability
Lovepreet