No plot in Fluka activation study

Dear Fluka experts,
I’m currently trying to study the activation of SiC by neutron beam. I’ve attached my input files (also the spectrum from where the energy of the neutrons is take). I’m not able to obtain any plot (like the fluence of neutron) , and some of the plots are not working (for resnuclei I obtain the same result for any cooling time or neutron beam time, and also only for Si but not for C). I’m sure missing something, would you be able to tell me what?
neutron_spectrum.txt (2.9 KB)
numerical_exercise.flair (3.4 KB)
source_newgen.f (8.9 KB)

Many thanks, Leonardo

Dear Leonardo,
you should move the IRRPROFI and DCYTIMES cards outside the GEOBEGIN…GEOEND section.

In your USRBIN and USRTRACK scoring you are scoring neutrons but requesting a DCYSCORE. If you want the neutron fluence you should remove the DCYSCORE cards, if you want to score e.g. photon fluence from your decay products, you need to select the appropriate particle type in the scoring cards.

Kind regards,

Markus

Dear Markus,
as you suggested, I’ve moved the cards and not it works fine. However, i’m still getting only few transmuted elements, is this the real physical result or have I done something wrong (at least I’ve expected the transmutation of C-12)? Another thing, will the card RESNUCLEi show me also the radioactive elements produced by the decay of the transmuted element (if there are any)? One last thing, which is the best way to simulate a very uniform irradiation on the cilindrical sample( at least on just one side)?. Thank you very much again for your previously reply. Best regards,
Leonardo

Dear Leonardo,

the RESNUCLE scoring will give you all the residual nuclei including radioactive nuclei stopped in your target region (usually these are the ones produced there). As you request a decay scoring, it will actual give you the activity in Bq per primary for the defined irradiation profile and decay time.

For the extended source:
I have attached a standard source_newgen.f file, just with two calls: to read from your neutron spectrum file and a call to a function (annular source) that will sample your primary particles from a disc with 1 cm radius. You don’t need to copy any subroutines from the .inc file, but can call the functions directly.

source_newgen.f (19.0 KB)

Kind regards,

Markus

Dear Markus,
thank you very much four you reply and your file, these have been so much helpful.
Kind regards,
Leonardo