No Random file available

Dear fluka experts,
When I run an .inp file in Flair, the first cycle is normal, but the second cycle occured an error as follows:
**** No Random file available !!! ****
Abort called from FLRM64 reason NO RANDOM FILE Run stopped!
STOP NO RANDOM FILE
I don’t find any error in the geometry. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance!
Xiaoman

Dear Xiaoman,

this error message tells you that the previous cycle didn’t finish successfully.

The reason can be found in the .err, .out or .log files of your first cycle.

Cheers,
David

Dear David,
I cann’t found the error in my .inp file. I attached the relevent file12C6 IRbrain.flair (13.6 KB) . Could you help me revise the .inp file? Thanks in advance!
Xiaoman

Dear Xiaoman

1. There is “space” in the file name of the Flair project and the input file, which confuses Flair.
  2. It seems that you still using the Flair version 2. Only version 3 is supported here. Please update to the latest version. See: http://flair.web.cern.ch/flair/
  3. Since version 2 Flair project files doesn’t contain the FLUKA input. I can’t check it for errors.

Kind regards,
David

Dear David,
Thanks for your suggestion! I have update to the latest version Flair 3.0-7. I attached the relevent file12C6IRbrain.inp (48.6 KB) .when I run the file, which can finished. But there has .err file12C6IRbrain001.err (22.6 KB) produced by fluka. I cann’t find where the error is. I want to know where the error in the .inp file is? Could you help me revise the .inp file? Thanks in advance!
Best Regard
Xiaoman

Dear Xiaoman,

The error file file you attached doesn’t show any problem. Could you send the .err, .out and .log files for the first and second cycle as well?

Unfortunately, I can’t run your input file, since I don’t have the voxel geometry you are using.

Cheers,
David

Dear David,
I have sent the .err , .log files for the first and second cycle to you12C6IRbrain001.err (22.6 KB) 12C6IRbrain001.out (1.9 MB) 12C6IRbrain002.err (22.4 KB) 12C6IRbrain002.out (1.9 MB) .The out file is empty. Since the Upload menu doesn’t support .vxl file, I cann’t upload my .vxl file.

Cheers,

Xiaoman

Dear Xiaoman,

From the files it seems that both cycles finished successfully, but there was a problem with the usrbin results.

In your input file you mix the ascii and binary formats for the same Unit, which is not allowed.

Cheers,
David