OPT-PROP with type=metal

Dear experts;
I Irradiate a optic-fiber neutron detector with neutrons. At the boundary from LIFZNOGA to SHEATH, I want generated photons reflected(partly or fully), so I use OPT-PROP with tpye=metal,
In my understanding, when
1-r=0, all the photons from LIFZNOGA to SHEATH will be reflected back to LIFZNOGA.
1-r=0.5, part of the photons will be reflected back to LIFZNOGA and some photons will cross the boundary to SHEATH.
1-r=1, little photons will be reflected back to LIFZNOGA and most photons will cross the boundary to SHEATH.
But the result is that in all 3 cases, there are no photons to SHEATH, could you tell me is there any error?

Look foward to your help.
abscff.f (1.4 KB)
detector(ZnO).flair (6.3 KB)
wvlnsh.f (2.7 KB)

Dear @xiongbp,

I’m not an optical photon expert, but I believe that you don’t see any optical photon in the aluminum, because you used an OPT-PROP card to specify its reflectivity but you didn’t specify its optical properties (refraction, absorption, and diffusion) with a second OPT-PROP card.

Dear @amario ,
Thank you for your reply. You mean I should use OPT-PROD twice with type=metal and blank when photon cross the boundary and into the SHEATH?

Dear @xiongbp,

As I said, I’m not expert in optical photons. What I know is that you need to define the optical properties of a material in order to transport optical photons in it. I also tested and verified that if you add a second OPT-PROP card you would actually get some optical photon in the aluminum material. What I am not sure of, is whether this makes any physical sense or not.

Dear @amario
Thank you for your help. :grinning: