Possible little bug in flair 3-2-4

Hi, I spotted in the Plot tab of flair a little weird behavior, at least I think so. When 1D-plotting a certain USRBIN along y, then selecting another USRBIN, and then going back to the previous USRBIN, the selection changes by itself from y to z. Please have a look at the following screenshots, which show the sequence I mentioned. I also upload the project in case you want to check it by yourselves.

Cheers,
Enrico

P.S. The same does not happen if the first selection is x instead of y: the selection of x is kept on switching USRBINs.

protoni in LiF per spread laterale.inp (2.5 KB)
protoni in LiF per spread laterale.flair (3.8 KB)

Hello @enrico.nic,

I cannot reproduce it with my installation (see below). I’ll check with my colleagues if they can. Could you let me know the OS that you are using?

FlairNoBug

Kind regards,
Francisco

Hello @fogallar,

thank you for checking. My OS is Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-19041-Microsoft x86_64) installed as WSL in Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19044 - Italian version.

Kind regards,
Enrico

Hi @enrico.nic,

We are not able to reproduce it so far, sorry.

1. Are you working with only one Flair project when this happens? Or with multiple files at a time?
  2. Have you observed the same behavior in other Flair projects?

Kind regards,
Francisco

Hi again @fogallar ,

1. Only one.
  2. No, I have not. However, for this only project, the very same buggy behavior is present when Flair runs on either of both my PC’s: a desktop and a laptop.

Kind regards,
Enrico

Thanks @enrico.nic
I could reproduce the problem. The limits min/max Z values were propagated from the last USRBIN plot fluenza 2D in R0 coord xy
to the previous one fluenza 2D in R0, when I had no usrbin available.

It is fixed now on the development version of flair, we will push a correction of this bug among other things in about 2 weeks time

2 Likes

Dear @vasilis ,

glad you could reproduce and fix it. Thank you and thank all the others for your hard work in developing and mantaining these great tools!

Cheers,
Enrico

1 Like