Problem with flair in MacOs Catalina

Dear flair experts,

I’ve been trying to install flair (version 3.1-7) together with flair-geoviewer (3.1-7) in my MacOS (Catalina 10.15.7), having a Python version 3.7.9. I followed the installation steps, but when I try to open it, I get the following segmentation fault

$flair-3.1/flair: line 14: 77918 Segmentation fault: 11 ${PYTHON} -O -W ignore ${DIR}/flair.py "$@"

I found a similar issue in the forum, but, in my case, installing with gcc8 doesn’t solve the problem. I would appreciate any help very much with this issue.

Thank you very much in advance,

With best regards,

Yuber F. Perez-Gonzalez

Dear @yuberfpg,

the problem is typically due to some conflicts among the libraries loaded when Flair is launched.

I assumed that you have followed all the installation steps for Mac OSX.

Could you please provide the output of these commands?

1. which python3
  2. lsof | grep libxcb

For the second command, please close the X server application, launch Flair and finally issue the command from a terminal.

Best regards, Luigi

1 Like

Hi Luigi,

Thank you very much for the reply. I get the following:

1. which python3
    /Users/yfperezg/.pyenv/shims/python3
  2. When I try lsof | grep libxcb, I don’t get anything back. I’m not sure if closed the X server application correctly. Could you please indicate to me how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Yuber

Dear @yuberfpg,

it looks like that the python3 executable is not pointing to the MacPorts installation.
Normally, it should be
/opt/local/bin/python3, unless you have customised the MacPorts installation.

If you didn’t perform a custom installation, then you need to check the environment variable PATH with the following command:
env | grep PATH. This variable should contain the path to the MacPorts directories, i.e. /opt/local/bin/ (and /opt/local/sbin/).

Normally, PATH should be automatically updated in your shell configuration file by the MacPorts installation.
In my case, it is ~/.bash_profile. In your case it might be a different one, depending on the shell you use.
Verify which is your shell configuration file and check if there is the following line
export PATH="/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH"
If not add this line to shell configuration file, launch a new Terminal and test again Flair.

In case Flair does not work, please send me the output of these commands
which python3
which port
env | grep PATH
env | grep SHELL

Let’s check all that before addressing point 2 of my previous email.

Best, Luigi

1 Like

Dear @luillo

Thanks a lot, that solved the problem!

Best,

Yuber