Problem with GeoViewer Install

Mac OS Catalina, X11 is all updated. In Flair, I get an error that the GeoViewer module is missing. Looking in the GeoViewer directory, GeoViewer.so is not there. After recompiling (GCC9), the following errors occurred which I believe is the culprit:

ld: unsupported tapi file type ‘!tapi-tbd’ in YAML file ‘/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation.tbd’ for architecture x86_64
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [geoviewer.so] Error 1

Could it be some incompatibility with the SDK and GCC 9? Any help to resolve this would be great.

Dear Alexandre,

can you try replacing the ld linker with the following commands?

sudo port -v uninstall ld64
sudo port -v install ld64 +ld64_xcode

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. This seems to have resolved things somewhat…I am no longer getting the SDK error, though the geoviewer module is still missing in Flair.
After following your instructions and recompiling, I then re-entered the line
make install DESTDIR=PATH_FLAIR, which now yielded this error:

mkdir -p /usr/local/flair
mkdir: /usr/local/flair: Permission denied
make: *** [install] Error 1

Any ideas?

Dear Alexandre,

you need to replace PATH_FLAIR with the actual path to Flair.
If you installed Flair in /usr/local/flair, then use the command: sudo make install

Cheers,
David

Yes, I had included the actual flair path. (It is installed in /Users/alex/flair-3.1)
I followed your command, this time it yields a different error.

error: mkdir -p /usr/local/flair
mkdir -p /usr/local/flair/fonts
install -m 644 geoviewer.so /usr/local/flair
install -m 755 usrbin2dvh /usr/local/flair
install: usrbin2dvh: No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 71

Dear Alexandre,

for some reason it make still tries to install Flair at the default location. Could you post the full command you are trying to use?

Cheers,
David

The entire console line:

Alexs-Macbook-Pro-2015:flair-geoviewer-3.1 alex$ sudo make install destdir=/Users/alex/flair-3.1

Dear Alexandre,

please try with capital DESTDIR.

Cheers,
David

Dear David,
Using DESTDIR yields the same result. Here is the entire command and output

Alexs-Macbook-Pro-2015:flair-geoviewer-3.1 alex$ sudo make install DESTDIR=/Users/alex/flair-3.1

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C viewer
make[1]: Nothing to be done for all'. /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C geometry make[1]: Nothing to be done for all’.
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C data
make[1]: Nothing to be done for all'. /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C graph make[1]: Nothing to be done for all’.
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C math
make[1]: Nothing to be done for all'. /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C farm make[1]: Nothing to be done for all’.
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C tool
make[1]: Nothing to be done for all'. /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make -C xdraw make[1]: Nothing to be done for all’.
mkdir -p /Users/alex/flair-3.1
mkdir -p /Users/alex/flair-3.1/fonts
install -m 644 geoviewer.so /Users/alex/flair-3.1
install -m 755 usrbin2dvh /Users/alex/flair-3.1
install: usrbin2dvh: No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 71

Not sure if that’s helpful. Thanks,
Alex

Dear Alex,

could you try the cleaning the folder and recompiling with the following commands before you install Flair?

make clean
make

Cheers,
David

This worked! Thanks so much.

Regards,
Alex