Problems with SOURCE card

Dear Experts,

I would like to use some electron spectra we experimentally recorded to describe the energy distribution of our electron source. I have (I guess) correctly installed the “CERN-FLUKA-spectra-sampling” package and started trying to run the Spec01 exemple. Nevertheless, if I check the energy distribution at a region interface through the USRYELD card like this one:
I don’t find the initial expected distribution but the one corresponding to a monochomatic centered to the max value of the BEAM card:

So I wonder what is the mistake I’m visibly doing …

Many thanks (again) in advance.

Cheers,

Tibe

Please upload your .inp/.flair files and input spectrum so we can take a closer look.

Cheers,

Cesc

Hi Tibe,

it looks as if you are not running the executable which includes this added functionality.
To verify that your executable contains and executes the sampling routines have a look at the .log file that is produced. There you should find a message like:

±-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+

• Spectrum sampling, Version 1.0/140120

±-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

if that is not there then you are not executing the correct executable, which is what I suspect.
In that case please have a look at the README.TXT file that is contained in the package, especially sections related how to build and to run (2. and 4.) the auxiliary functionality.

Cheers
Chris

Dear Francesco,

please find joint the .flair and spectrum file.
test2.flair (3.4 KB) Spec01.txt (651 Bytes)
Thanks !

Dear Chris,

you are maybe right but still there is something unclear to me. When I look at the Preferences window, the selected FLUKA program appears to be flukahp-spec
Nevertheless, I don’t find the msg “Spectrum sampling, Version 1.0/140120” in any .log file.
Moreover, I wonder if the Compile section should report the same program name:

Anyway, I will check again if I have correctly installed the package.
Cheers,

Tibe

h[quote=“Tibe68, post:5, topic:626, full:true”]
Dear Chris,

you are maybe right but still there is something unclear to me. When I look at the Preferences window, the selected FLUKA program appears to be flukahp-spec
Nevertheless, I don’t find the msg “Spectrum sampling, Version 1.0/140120” in any .log file.
Moreover, I wonder if the Compile section should report the same program name:

Anyway, I will check again if I have correctly installed the package.
Cheers,

Tibe
[/quote]

Hi again,
some more information about my last post. If I indicate the program to be used in the RUN tab

I get the following error msg:

Hoping that helps in finding the problem nature.
Cheers,

Tibe

Hi Tibe,

it seems that you’re now running the correct executable. But the first thing to do is to verify the message in the log file.

The second point to do is to try to run the included example, which should work out of the box. If it doesn’t then the problem that you’re facing now could be similar to this, which is related to your Linux environment. From the screenshots it seems that you’re running WSL under Windows. Please have a look at this post and the proposed solution:

Hi Chris,

my situation is indeed quite similar to the one Ephemera describes in his( her?) posts. FLUKA perfectly works in “standard” situations. When I use spectra-sampling.inp I got no error msg but all the spectra-sampling00n.log files are empty and there is no detector to process.
The version of the Gnu Fortran compiler I use is the 8.4.0 (Ubuntu 8.40-1Ubuntu1-18.04) and if I’m not wrong it should be compatible with the FLUKA pack I installed.
I will check my “fortran” environment with some collegues tomorrow and let you know if I find how to fix this problem, hoping that can help others FLUKA users.
Cheers,

Tibe