Process a large number of files

Dear Expert,

I’m working with Flair and would like to use the loop function to process a large set of files. However, when I try to process all the files at once, my computer becomes unresponsive.

Is it possible to configure Flair to handle large file processing by iterating through them one at a time? Ideally, I’d like to introduce a specific wait time between processing each file.

Any guidance or advice you could provide on achieving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
Fayez

Hi @mohammed.fayiz
if by Processing you mean to run the simulations, this is already implemented and described in various forum threads.
You would need:

1. to install the tsp taskspooler program on your linux machine,
  2. configure the number of slots equal to the CPU cores
  3. select the tsp queue from the RunTab
    for all the runs selected
1 Like

Many thanks Vasilis Vlachoudisvasilis
As you can see I made all the procedures and when I select the files from 1 up to 26 and and start the run the computer start to be very slowly and not working will. This made me to run 4 by 4 files (because I have 4 tsp) till finished. I need a procedure more easy than this. i.e I order to run all files but in between a period of time not to load all the files in the memory and run it in one time.

running though tsp it will not load all files in memory at once. It will execute the rfluka commands one after the other up to the defined number of slots. The remaining runs will start only if a slot is freed.

If with 4 tsp slots your computer is not working well, I would guess that you are running out of resources (most probably memory). I would recommend to reduce the available tsp slots to 3 or less.

Many thanks of take care of my problem and for this voluble advices
I will try this method
Best Regards
Fayez