Regarding USRBDX + AUXSCORE output for Dose Evaluation

Dear Fluka Experts,

I’m trying to evaluate the effectiveness of a concrete bunker wall (in a cyclotron installation).
We have gamma and neutron radiation.
To do so I’m using 2 USRBDX card to score the fluxes on the inner and outer surfaces of the bunker, but since we would like to get results in Sv, I added a AUXSCORE card.
Here are the scoring cards for the outer surface

Untitled

My question regards the _sum.lis file that get created after processing the data in flair. Since I’m scoring DOSE-EQ i would expect results in Sv (Sv/pr, Sv/cm2 or something similar) but the header of the sum.lis file reports as follow:

Tot. resp. (Part/cmq/pr) 0.1124358 +/- 0.7339140 %
( → (Part/pr) 0.1124358 +/- 0.7339140 % )

How should i read these results / how to I get it to output in Sv?

(PS: I now you could evaluate the effectiveness in different ways but our professor wants dose results)

Dear Simone,

thank you for your question and welcome to the Forum!

Don’t worry about the header which is pre-formatted.
You can interpret the integrated value in the _sum.lis as pSv/primary if you add the correct area for the normalization in the USRBDX card (obviously you have then to multiply by 1e-12 if you need Sv).

As a side note, as said in the FLUKA Manual the WHAT(3) of AUXSCORE (Delta Ray field in Flair) is not used.

Best,
Davide

1 Like

Dear Davide,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Just to be sure, since the value is in pSv/primary and I want to know the total dose, should I multiply by the number of particles generated by my beam ?
(In my case I have an IRRPROFI of 3600s @ 3.121e14 p/s, so I should multiply the normalized result by 3600 * 3.121e14 * 1e-12 to get Sv/h)

Dear Simone,

yes that is correct.
Since you have an irradiation of 3600s the normalization to Sv and to Sv/h is the same.

Best,
Davide

1 Like

Dear Davide,
Thank you very much for your help.

Best,
Simone

1 Like