Removing obsolete WED body

Also, you are using the deprecated body WED. You could have modeled the same geometry using PLA instead.

Dear amario,
Thanks for your kindly help. Unfortunately, I have no experience in using PLA card, and I have read the fluka mannual. Would you like helping me model one unit of my geometry using PLA card? Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

Xiaoman

Dear @xiaoman.li,

I can give you an example. Consider your region “TARGET” around coordinates (0,0,0.17). You have two WED there. You could replace the “WED RF” body with a plane “PLA plane1 -0.17 0.0 0.05 0.0 0.0 0.17” which is a plane through (0.0, 0.0, 0.17) orthogonal to the vector (-0.17, 0.0, 0.05).
Similarly you could replace “WED RF1” with another plane “PLA plane2 0.17 0.0 0.05 0.0 0.0 0.17”.
Using these two bodies you could define the first “triangle” of your “TARGET”.

Dear @amario,
Thanks for your timely response. I modeled the geometry again, but there are some errors in the flair PLA.flair (1.5 KB) according to your suggestion. Whether other planes are neccesary in the bodies or not? Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Xiaoman

Dear @amario,
I revised the geometry by adding four planesPLA.flair (1.6 KB) . But there also has error in the flair. I guess this problem related to the Boolean operation . So I need you help. Thanks for your help again.

Best wishes,

Xiaoman

Dear @xiaoman.li
Mine was just an example of how to do it, not the entire solution. You have to create enough planes to build the entire saw tooth profile, not just one. You have simply not finished building your geometry.

Dear @amario,
Thank you very much. I have modeled the first “triangle” of my “TARGET”PLA.flair (2.1 KB) . But when I repeat the “triangle”, I don’t know how I set the VOID region. Thanks for your kindly help.

Dear @xiaoman.li

Have a look at PLA_fix.flair (2.2 KB) to see how you can define your VOID.
The geometry editor comes very handy in this case. Don’t forget to add the outer void sphere in your VOID region definition.

Dear @amario,
Thanks for your help. I have successfully constructed my geometry using PLA plane throught replacing WED bodied. I found the geometry editor is very useful. Thanks a lot!
Best wishes,
Xiaoman