Same result with and without fluscw user routine

Dear Fluka experts,

I am following up on an earlier post (USRBIN - plot fluence of neutrons within specific range of energy - #6 by glerner) where I was trying to figure out how to get Fluka to score only neutrons within a specific energy range when use the USRBIN scoring card.

I was able to create a custom routine (called myfluscw.f, as seen attached) and compiled the script following the steps in slide #29 from this presentation

(https://indico.cern.ch/event/956531/contributions/4020241/attachments/2123482/3574575/17_Source_routine_2020_online.pdf)

However, when I compare the result when I restrict scoring to neutrons with particular energies versus the case where I do not specify the neutron energies, the result appears to be the same. I say that the results appear to be the same because when I plot the USRBIN result in Flair and I check the Int value in the RHS of the plot panel, the values are the same in both cases.

I’ve attached my Flair and input files for your reference.

myfluscw.f (4.3 KB)

test.flair (6.1 KB)
test_01.inp (2.3 KB) test2_01.inp (2.3 KB)

Please let me know why, in spite of scoring a subset of neutrons in one case, these integrated values are the same. If there is another way to distinguish the fluences from these two results, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Dalini

Hi @Dalini, your fluscw routine is never used, since in the input file you left the USERWEIG card empty. Look at the manual and select WHAT(3)=3.0, which in Flair appears as FLUSCW+ in the \phi Weight field.
Also, as a general good practice in case of doubt, add a (single-time) WRITE statement in your routine to be able to check that it’s actually called run-time.

2 Likes

No wonder why :expressionless:

Thanks so much for clarifying Francesco! :+1:t4: :pray:t4: